Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Anatomy of a Grade - Episode 13 - The Importance of Color Contrast

After a few months hiatus, I finally put together another episode of "Anatomy of a Grade", and this time I'm tackling the importance of "color contrast" in a shot. Often times, I hear DP's, directors, and producers talk about how important the "contrast" of a shot is... and while they're very correct in that the contrast of a shot is indeed very important in giving a shot its "look"; the "color contrast" of a shot or a look is often times overlooked or simply misunderstood by many as being EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT in getting the most out of a grade. In this example I look at a spin off of the ever popular "California" look and discuss how a simple attention to color contrast can really make all the difference in selling a heavily stylized look like this. Take a look!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Chris,
    This is the first time i visited your blog, I thought it was very insightfull.
    I will be browsing through your blogposts.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. It’s really very informative and nice post.
    Best Multimedia Courses
    http://www.virtualvoyage.edu.in/course/multimedia-college-indore/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this episode is fab. when you share upcoming episode?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chris,
    this post is really good and gave me good inspiration on my next video Project.

    I would love to get in touch with you to get some thought about this page best grading tools: http://s-log-lut.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Episode.Its provide me precious information for my project..Thanks
    http://www.atum.co

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete